The menthol in our Muscle Cooling Salve gives that classic soothing sensation (great for sore muscle recovery), while the fruity aromas from our Everyday Citrus Salve help calm your body without being overpowering. All of our salves are made using full spectrum CO2 Hemp extract. Our full spectrum oil is made with hemp that was grown on our Vermont farm using organic methods and processed right here in Vermont using Supercritical CO2 extraction. Both our CBD(Cannabidiol) & CBG(Cannabigerol) oils are whole plant extracts containing all of the naturally occurring cannabinoids and terpenes. These synergistic cannabinoids and terpenes have many health and wellness benefits.
Both CBD Salves Contain:
- Castor Oil – Has long been used to treat topical inflammation as well as relief from pain. Research has shown that castor oil stimulates tissue growth and can help speed up the recovery of wounds. There are other perceived benefits for hair growth.
- Candelilla Wax – Candelilla wax is rich in nutrients and easily absorbed into the skin, allowing it to act as a barrier to help prevent moisture loss.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Is naturally rich in Linolic acid and Vitamin E, which both help to protect collagen and elastin in the skin, help fight free radicals and decrease inflammation in the skin.
Muscle Cooling CBD Salve Ingredients:
- Menthol Crystals – In addition to pain relief menthol also provides a cooling feeling by blocking the calcium current along the nerves that are responsible for detecting temperature. This cooling effect often makes the area of application feel like it is numb, offering comfort from pain.
- Camphor Essential Oil – Offers many benefits when applied topically. Camphor can aid in increasing blood circulation, making it effective for itching and irritation, acne, soothing burn injuries, eczema, nail fungus, cracked heels and most commonly, provides relief from pain.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Has been used widely for several conditions in the respiratory system and to soothe discomfort. The leaves contain tannins, which may help with inflammation and flavonoids which are plant-derived antioxidants.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – Has been used for centuries as an antiseptic, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory ingredient. A multi-functional product aiding in the treatment of wounds, itching, acne, dry skin, hives and common rashes.
Everyday Citrus CBD Salve Ingredients:
- Olive Oil – Can be used for many skin ailments, this oils diverse fatty acid profile helps to nourish, moisturize and soothe inflammation.
- Jojoba Oil – Helps to prevent trans epidermal water loss which in turn leaves the skin soft, supple and with enhanced elasticity. Vitamin E is also found in this oil which helps to stimulate blood flow thus increasing the process of wound healing by stimulation the production of new skin cells.
- Black Pepper Essential Oil – This spicy oil can also help to improve circulation of blood, aiding in the wound recovery process. Black pepper is also an excellent oil to use on sore muscles due to its warming sensation and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil – Has strong antibacterial benefits and is often recommended for Acne related skincare.